Thursday, March 27, 2008

House Hunters

Yes, I love the show, but my post is really about the house hunters that seem to wander into my home whenever they want. Case in point, the situation I blogged about that took place the first weekend the house went on the market. Bad timing, to say the least. To add insult to injury, when my realtor called the buyer's realtor to get feedback on the house, she claimed she'd never been here, even though I talked to her and she left a business card.

Yesterday was an off nap day for the younger kids, so they were both tired. I made dinner early and had everyone upstairs and ready to wind down by 6:30. I was trying on clothes, walking around barely dressed when I walked into the bathroom to, well...use the bathroom. The door chimed, indicating someone had opened the door. Babe? I called out thinking that my husband had made it home early from a business trip. "No, this is Jenny from XYZ Realty, we're here to tour your home." Ack!

I weakly responded by telling her that I had not been contacted that I would need a few minutes so I could straighten up. Most of the house was fine but the kitchen looked like a war zone. I told them I was mortified by how messy the kitchen was, but that they were welcome to come in. I promised the boys ice cream from the Bruster's down the road, and we hopped in the car. By the time everyone was buckled and we pulled out, the realtor and the couple were leaving. I was pissed.

On the way home from the ice cream shop I called my agent to ask what had just happened and to know why she hadn't she contacted me. As it happens, she is listing the home of my cousin and his wife, who live on a street with a name similar to ours. She told them to leave the house from 5-7 instead of me. Funny in an I Love Lucy type of way, I guess.

No comments: