Wednesday, March 19, 2008

It's a Birthday!

Tomorrow is the big 5th birthday. It should be a great day, with a jumpy party at Monkey Joe's and lunch out at Nirvana's, a local restaurant with a nice private party room. There will be 8 guests, and a few siblings. My husband took the day off and we're letting our oldest take the morning off from school so he can jump and help celebrate. Justice League toys will be the biggest hit of the day, I'm sure. A few people have bought Webkinz too, which he'll be thrilled about.

This house for sale thing is overrated. It is so stressful trying to keep it perfect all the time. If I have some warning (like at least an hour) it isn't a big deal to make it look "show ready" because it's pretty well organized and I'm trying to clean as I go more now. Maintaining that level is tough, and what I'm really worried about is leaving the house for an extended period of time and getting a call that someone is on their way over. I don't want to worry that the toilets haven't been flushed or that there are dishes in the sink, or worse yet, dirty clothes on the floor somewhere. So I'm busting my ass trying to make it look great every time I leave the house. In fact, right now I should be cleaning the kitchen, as I baked cupcakes and made icing, and there is confectioner's sugar and flour all over the counter and stove.

It's a crappy day here, like so many we've had lately, gray and rainy. At least it's not cold, but eh, I can't stand this type of weather. I need the sun. Thankfully tomorrow is SPRING and my flowers are blooming and it will be sunny with a high of 68, I believe.

The timing of Easter this year conflicts with Luke's birthday and so I've not bought one thing for their Easter baskets (must make list of candy to buy at Whole Foods tomorrow). I am not sure what to do about the baby; I know the boys will be disappointed if she doesn't have a basket, or something, but there's nothing she needs. It seems silly to spend money on more toys or another little Sigg bottle for her.

Saturday night my husband and I are going out to celebrate a friend's birthday. We haven't been out alone like this in years. My mom is going to come over and stay with the kids for a few hours, thankfully. We can't stay out too late because the baby will wake up around midnight and want to nurse. But we can definitely make it for a late supper and dessert. I'm not much of a drinker, but if I go out alone with friends, as I often do, I can't even have one drink if I have to drive. The thought of having maybe TWO champagne cocktails or martinis is really making me look forward to Saturday.

No comments: