Thursday, October 4, 2007

Top Chef Finale

Not only do I love to cook, but I also love watching other people cook and therefore, the reality show cooking competitions are right up my alley. I can't wait for the winner of Next Food Network Star to debut her show (should be this month, I think)!

I've watched all three seasons of Top Chef, and I'm generally not very surprised by the finale or the winner. But last night, I thought for a few minutes that Dale just might pull out a win. It was only in the last 4 or 5 weeks that I realized I was pulling for him. He was witty and honest and his food usually looked great. So Hung winning was very anticlimactic. I'm looking forward to the reunion show next week.

Now I'll have to admit that I like a lot of reality tv. This year I've watched Amazing Race, which is my absolute favorite, Survivor, Project Runway, Big Brother, and all of the sleazy Flavor Flav shows, in addition to the ones mentioned above. Grey's Anatomy is the non reality show I watch on a regular basis. We finally got Tivo last week and seriously, it's changed my life. I can't believe how quickly I can get through a 60 minute show. Being efficient is high on my list of things I love, so Tivo helps me achieve that goal.

I recorded a yoga show from FitTv, and I'm learning the routine and doing it as often as I can throughout the week. Getting to the gym is hard for me right now for various reasons so I'm walking in the park and doing yoga at home until we can get back to the Y.

This weekend there's not much going on. Our big excitement on the weekends is the Saturday morning trip to Whole Foods, where we eat our way through the store as we taste just about every sample they offer. We find it impossible not to spend a million dollars there each week, and then on the way home we stop at Trader Joe's for another half mil of items we can't get at WF. It's nuts, really, but worth it in the long run, I hope.

No comments: