Thursday, July 17, 2008

Delicious Living

At the end of May we visited my husband's family in Florida, and one day while we were there I ran into the food co-op, called Ever'man's. Each visit I try to get there at least once, because otherwise we'd all subsist on fast food and meals at chain restaurants like Red Lobster and Ruby Tuesday's (MIL's personal favorite). I can't go a week eating that way and neither can my kids. I picked up some yummy things like Thai dumplings and an avocado sandwich on sunflower bread, and on the way out picked up a free magazine called Delicious Living.

That night back at the hotel, I read the magazine cover to cover and realized it was my kind of mag; about organic/natural living but not in your face, and not the more commercialized type of natural living magazine that seems to be popping up more and more lately. I entered an online contest that ended the next day, and was for a year's supply of free children's products made by companies like Nordic Naturals, Santa Cruz, Nature's Path. I enter contests and I've won a few over the years (Free weekly flower delivery for a year was probably my favorite.), but as I entered this one I knew I had no chance since it was a month long contest and I was only entering once the last day of the month.

So of course I won, I was one of ten lucky winners. This week I got the box of a "year's supply" and while it was more like a month's supply, we were so excited. The boys and I have been anxiously awaiting the UPS delivery for the past month. There are all types of vitamins, including the fish oil my 5 year old takes, a few 10 packs of boxed juice (banana, which no one liked, but it's great in the morning smoothies with frozen strawberries!), coupons for free Panda Puffs and Gorilla Munch, and four jars of peanut butter. Pretty cool for the small amount of time it took me to enter the contest.

Thanks Delicious Living! The link to the magazine is on the right; they have a great blog and most months they offer some type of contest. Good luck!

No comments: