Thursday, June 14, 2012

Blackberry Syrup

At the Farmer's Market last week, we bought a container of blackberries. We all love berries, but Ava and I especially do. Unfortunately the ones we brought home were more tart than we liked, so I decided to find a way to incorporate them into a recipe that would bring their natural sweetness out. I settled on blackberry syrup. It was a simple enough recipe, as found  here. 

Of course, I had to change it. That seemed like a lot of sugar for a fruit that was already sweet, so I cut it down to 1/4 cup. I found it to be delicious! Unfortunately, the kids didn't love it, but I've been eating it ever since on my Greek yogurt or oatmeal with some nuts and seeds. I plan to try making some blueberry syrup when our bushes are producing plentiful amounts.

No comments: