Friday, August 12, 2011

Lake House





Last week we spent a few nights at a lake house about an hour and a half from home. We've never done a lake vacation before, so we were all very excited about it. Our normal car trips are 6-8 hours from home, so the relatively quick trip to the lake was a welcome change for all of us.





These photos show the lake from a public beach that we visited our first day of vacation. We decided to go here because although there was an inlet outside the doors of our rental, it was kind of iffy looking. The water looked murky and smelled pretty gross. However, in my quest to be a good and fun mom, I jumped in on our last night and found out that the inlet was filled with mud. Even thinking about it now, a week later, I can still feel that awful slimy mud on my feet.

Our second afternoon, we went to Greensboro, GA, a very small town with a cute historic district that was all of about five blocks. We window shopped in fifth generation antique stores, got some ice cream from the Creamery, and then happily climbed back into our car and its cold a/c. Ava and Luke both fell asleep for the hour's drive to my cousin's home.

Now we're gearing up for the start of school. I can't believe that I will have all of my children in school full day THREE days a week! What will I do with myself? Well, shop, cook, clean, and work out. Not too exciting, but it sure will be nice to have a little kid-free time to myself.






No comments: